A recurring topic in expat blogs is the food that expats are missing from home. As a food obsessed, I must say I do miss some food in Canada.
But yesterday, we went to the Netherlands, so I stocked up on goodies: blueberries, peanut butter, caesar dressing and so on. They don't exactly eat like North Americans but we can easily find some food that we've been craving.
We headed to the Zeeland province, in the Netherlands. The weather was nice, we took a nap at the beach, the water was too cold to swim in it.
And the Netherlands is also the land of Horticulture so I couldn't resist on going to a gardening centre. Look what I found: Lemon grass.
My little garden is almost complete with asian plants now. I have my thai basil and my lemon grass.
But yesterday, we went to the Netherlands, so I stocked up on goodies: blueberries, peanut butter, caesar dressing and so on. They don't exactly eat like North Americans but we can easily find some food that we've been craving.
We headed to the Zeeland province, in the Netherlands. The weather was nice, we took a nap at the beach, the water was too cold to swim in it.
And the Netherlands is also the land of Horticulture so I couldn't resist on going to a gardening centre. Look what I found: Lemon grass.

As someone who is not an expat it drives me nuts to hear people talk about the food and things they miss. It's another country, it's not suppose to be the same!!!
ReplyDeleteAs a realist I understand that I have no idea what I'm talking about and I realize that it would be a complete shock to suddenly not be able to get things I take for granted.