Thursday, June 6, 2013

Updates on the garden

I really enjoy gardening but I haven't been successful with courgettes and other vegetables.  The little plants have been eaten by snails so it's back to square one.  I've planted radishes, salad from seeds, in plastic containers.  Can't wait for them to grow, at least the snails can't go in them.  I've given up on gardening a couple years ago because the cats were digging the dirt.  So I've taken extreme mesures, plastic wrap. I realize that trying to grow organic is not easy.  I've put coffee grounds to keep away to snails.  Let's hope it will work.


I made compost with peels and vegetable wastes, and pumpkin seeds sprouted. Today I have transplanted it in the garden. A couple of hours later, the the leaves are wilted.  I'm not sure it will survive.





1 comment:

  1. You're garden looks amazing! I don't have a green thumb, but I would like to grow tomatoes and herbs one day.

    ReplyDelete