The weather is finally warming up here in North of France, but only for today. We had 30°C and expecting thunder storm. I hope my vegetables won't be destroyed. I don't think I will get a return on investment this year on gardening, with all the spending on the plastic containers, bamboo sticks and spade and so on. I have spent on courgettes plants, melons and eggplants and they were all eaten up by a mysterious insect (snail?) or animal. So I have not been successful with the "ground garden". I have put a net a couple of days ago because all my pumkins plants were eaten except for the big one, that sprouted in my compost.
However, my vegetables grown in containers did great and no snails can climb in. I have harvested Roquettes (arugula) twice. I hope I won't have to buy lettuce and roquettes this summer.
Some of the roquette seeds were given to me a long time ago. I'm hoping to collect the seeds as well so I don't have to buy any. This kind is the round-leaf variety. Not really peppery tasting like the "wild variety", with the serrated leaves.
Yesterday, when using the roquettes in the salad, my husband said : make sure to wash them well. I replied : There's not even an once of chemical on them!
He also said that I didn't post any recipe for a while. But I'm not going to, photos speak for themselves. Since he's away for a training in Paris for one more day, it's going to be a meal for one.
Sorrel, chives, dills and roquettes
On a totally different subject, we found a kitten on June 7th in our warehouse, in the afternoon. A visitor was there to inspect the solar installation on the warehouse, and the kitten won't stop screaming while he was there. It is unlikely that the inspector brought the cat with him. So we just don't know how she landed in the farm. She is too small to escape from her home. The only thing I can think of is that some woman rang at my door during that afternoon, asking if she can buy me some pork (not me, the neighbour!). Maybe she dropped the cat in the warehouse while we weren't looking. The kitten is 2 months and a half, and is too friendly to be a farm cat. It's a shame that people would just throw out animals like that. Looks like she will stay on the farm with the rest of the cats here.
Pasta, ham and roquettes, and some other herbs from my "mini-garden".
On a totally different subject, we found a kitten on June 7th in our warehouse, in the afternoon. A visitor was there to inspect the solar installation on the warehouse, and the kitten won't stop screaming while he was there. It is unlikely that the inspector brought the cat with him. So we just don't know how she landed in the farm. She is too small to escape from her home. The only thing I can think of is that some woman rang at my door during that afternoon, asking if she can buy me some pork (not me, the neighbour!). Maybe she dropped the cat in the warehouse while we weren't looking. The kitten is 2 months and a half, and is too friendly to be a farm cat. It's a shame that people would just throw out animals like that. Looks like she will stay on the farm with the rest of the cats here.
She enjoys to be on our desks, next to the screen and distracts us.
She wants to blog too.
No comments:
Post a Comment