Monday, December 3, 2012

A hard pill to swallow

I will be on a plane in 2 weeks.  I was relieved that we had our vaccines before our departure.  However, the doc had prescribed some anti-malaria pills for the trip, Lariam.  I wasn't sure about the dosage so I did a few search on the Internet.  I was shocked by what I've read, looks like this thing has strong side effects: vertigo, weird ring in the ears, hallucinations, anxiety, and worse case, suicide.  There are several websites that are totally against this medication.  Either you get malaria or you ruin your trip because of the side effects...

For those who visited Thailand and  neighboring countries, did you take any anti-malarials during your trip?  I feel like my doctor doesn't really know the side effects, he kinda laugh when he talked about the psychological problems you can have when taking lariam.  So I think I won't be taking them. 

On a lighter note, I went to Lille last weekend.  It was a bad idea.  I just like how the city is decorated for Xmas.  Look how pretty it is.  The down side: so many people, and no parking available.  




There was also a Marché de Noël, Christmas Market, but it was so crowded, I had to get out of there quickly, plus the smell of hot wine and melted cheese were overwhelming.








No comments:

Post a Comment