Thursday, February 23, 2012

The perks of living of the North of France

Not!  It is not one of the most pleasant place in France, the sky is often grey and it rains a lot. 

The only good thing I find living here, is the proximity to other countries.   Lille, the capital of the North of France, is called the "crossroads of Europe". We share a border with Belgium.  We go as often as we can.  Belgium is great for its food (waffles, fries and their beers).  During the summer, our weekend getaways are mostly in the Netherlands.  It's the only way to escape French people for a short time. 



 La Grand' Place de Lille


We enjoy riding bikes along the seawall in the Netherlands

Amsterdam
Zeeland, Netherlands





2 comments:

  1. It really is great how close the distances are over here. In Canada, even traveling in the same province sometimes required a mammoth effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I agree. I used to live in Gatineau/Ottawa. It's a shame I only Québec and Ontario.

    ReplyDelete