Last December, I have finally returned to Canada, after 4 long years away. Things haven't really changed. I have only found that goods are more expensive than before. It seems that economic crisis hasn't really struck Canada. People were busy working and they were into the Christmas frenzy.
I have also rediscovered my town, Ottawa. My husband wanted to see the Rideau Canal and the Parliament again. But what we did most in Ottawa, is eating.
And boy we ate: poutine, Korean, Lebanese, all you can eat Sushi. This is what I miss most about Canada, the variety of food available, at reasonable price.
One evening, my sister's friend, invited us for drinks in the ByWard Market. Afterwards we were headed to the Chinatown. A Chinese gateway has been installed on Somerset St. We then finished the evening at a Karaoke place, the Shanghai Restaurant. It was the weirdest place ever, but really entertaining. The host was a Chinese drag queen, China Doll. We sang our hearts out 80's oldies. We had a blast and this is how I have rediscovered my city.
Food in Ottawa:
I was not in this pic!




MIAM!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are making me homesick for some Canadian food! Beaver Tails and poutine...mmmmmm!! I love Ottawa in the winter; it looks magical. Glad you've started a blog :)
ReplyDeleteHello Crystal, thank you for reading. Damn I miss Canada.
ReplyDelete