If you have read my previous posts, I'm constantly obsessing with my weight. I eat less junk food and try to eat healthy most of the time.
I cut down on ice cream and potatoe chips, but last weekend I lost it : bought a huge bag of chips and ate the Häagen-Dazs bucket in one evening (ok only 1/3 but my husband ate most of it). I felt terrible, my stomach can't process that anymore. Anyways, it felt good to let it go a little.
The next evening we ate homemade sushis and edamame beans. It's the new food trend now, edamame. They are addictive. You can find them at Picard, if you live in France. In Canada it is easier to find them at L.o.b.l.a.w.s or C.o.s.t.c.o. They sold them already peeled. I found out about the beans 2 years ago in Canada. I asked my friend what is this hairy bean? She was shocked that I had never had edamame beans before.
If you haven't tried them already, you can use those beans in an Asian style salad or any recipes you like or as a snack.
I cut down on ice cream and potatoe chips, but last weekend I lost it : bought a huge bag of chips and ate the Häagen-Dazs bucket in one evening (ok only 1/3 but my husband ate most of it). I felt terrible, my stomach can't process that anymore. Anyways, it felt good to let it go a little.
The next evening we ate homemade sushis and edamame beans. It's the new food trend now, edamame. They are addictive. You can find them at Picard, if you live in France. In Canada it is easier to find them at L.o.b.l.a.w.s or C.o.s.t.c.o. They sold them already peeled. I found out about the beans 2 years ago in Canada. I asked my friend what is this hairy bean? She was shocked that I had never had edamame beans before.
If you haven't tried them already, you can use those beans in an Asian style salad or any recipes you like or as a snack.
Those maki rolls look professional!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know about the cravings and giving in. And the guilt that comes afterwards. Don't dwell on it too much, just pick yourself up and continue as if nothing had ever been. I should give myself my own advice!
I actually grew up eating those beans. My Italian family loved eating them with pasta and sauce. I used to dislike them, but now that I am far away from my family's great cooking, I'd wolf them down in a second. My family only cuts the tips off; they eat the shell!
Thanks for the advice. I don't know how they can eat the shells, it's hairy. lol
Delete