Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Homemade Kimchi

With more time in my hands, I've decided to make some kimchi.  We could spend a fortune for a jar of kimchi in France.  I have discovered korean food 10 years ago, when one of my friend introduced me to Korean cuisine.  At home, it's usually cambodian/Thai/Vietnamese/Chinese cuisine.  But Korean, we didn't know nothing about it.  In Canada, we can find easily Korean restaurants.  I haven't found any in North of France, but there must be some in Paris.

Last summer, my sister brought us to get some Bibimbap.  Ever since, my husband and I are hooked on this dish, so we try to make it every two weeks.

Here's bibimbap dish at a restaurant in Montreal:



My first homemade kimchi:


Next time, I will put more hot pepper.

Here's a link learn how to make your own kimchi:

2 comments:

  1. Kimchi rocks. It's very popular in Northern China as well. I got to know Korean food a bit and I love bibimbap. Just not a huge fan of Korean BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was the pregnancy, but all I did in Canada was craving Korean food. I admit korean BBQ is not exceptional.

    ReplyDelete