I have been lazy about my blog lately, last time I posted something was more than a month ago. I admit to be a bit of a slacker, postponing things. One thing that I didn't do is paying a visit to my grand-mother. I kept on postponing going to Dijon. I finally went two weeks ago, but it was for her funeral. This is pretty much a lesson for being such a slacker. Sorry if I bummed you. I was sad but it is part of life. She had a rich life, and went through wars, moved from many countries. She was a tough woman, raised 6 kids, travelled everywhere alone. The sad thing is that some of her children were in Canada and two were in France. We didn't get to say goodbye.
I'm sorry about your loss. It's posts like this that make me reflect on the fact that I don't keep in contact with people very well. I make more of an effort - you never know what and when something will happen.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteOops, I should have written, "I should make more of an effort". I really must learn to proofread better.
DeleteThank you for your comment. Being far away from relatives and friends is not easy, even if we have all the technology to stay in touch, we just don't do it for some reason.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear that. Yes, keeping in touch is, in theory, very easy these days between emails, Skype, good flight connection, etc. Yet it's sometime hard to commit for many different reasons. Such is life when you have loved ones scattered around the globe.
ReplyDeleteVery true Zhu. One thing that makes me sad is that each time I go back to Canada I feel like a stranger to my friends and relatives.
ReplyDeleteI do, too. Half the time I don't know what they are talking about because I don't keep up with recent developments (like new stores, politics, music, etc.).
Delete