We had 3 weeks of rain and finally some sunshine today in North of France. Today is one of the many breaks in May. Tomorrow will be Labour's day, and many workers are taking a day off right before or after the Holiday so they get 4 day weekend. That's why French People call it "faire le pont" or bridge. Don't even bother going to the Préfecture or any Adminitration, they are closed even if this is not a holiday today. I called this morning before going to the Préfecture just to make sure. I bet that French Economy is less productive in May. Some years, Holidays during May fall on Tuesday or Wednesday, or worst on Sarturday, and people can't do their "pont". It was the case last year. But this year, 4 holidays fall either Monday or Friday. So tomorrow I'll be off.
On another subject, Elections in France are coming to an end. Next Sunday we will know our new (or not) President.
No comments:
Post a Comment